Monday, April 8, 2013

A Fresh Start

This isn't my first blog, but it may be my last. I'm tired of starting a site, only to have it derailed by some transition in my life. In short, if I can't keep it going this time, I may call it quits on blogging forever.

My last blog essentially ended, with the exception of a few posts here and there, when everything in my life changed. I was in the process of changing jobs when the relationship I thought was just about as perfect as they come ended between my first and second interviews. The interviews led to a new career, which is always a tumultuous time. My career switch was complicated further by my parents coming into town for a pre-scheduled visit during my second week on the job. I might've lost my mind at that point. Add in the distraction of chatting with a new guy, and blogging was last on my list.

This time is different because I feel like I have reached a comfortable trajectory in life. Not to say that I'm always comfortable, but I have finally found a field of work that I enjoy and see myself working in for quite some time. I am ridiculously busy at times, but I have been at my job for almost a year and feel like I have a pretty good grasp on the ebb and flow of the work load. My personal life still has its ups and downs. I am not by any means "settled down".

I think I've finally started to feel like an adult. Legally, we're "adults" at 18, but I'm pretty sure anyone over the the age of, maybe, 20, knows that is far from true. Rarely do people know who they are or what they want from life at 18.  Even at my age, which feels further from 18 every day, I don't know for sure what I want. Some days, I don't feel like I know who I am either. I think this is another reason my blogs have failed in the past. I haven't known what I want, yet I tried to confine myself to a small blogging genre.

This is why I have not named my blog yet. I have not chosen colors for my template. I am not telling anyone about this project for a good long while. No self-promotion, no bloggers groups, nothing. I will write for myself, for now anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment