I should note, I found this recipe online and adapted it, but I can't remember where I found it. So, please, if it's yours, let me know and I will gladly link back to your site. It was a great blog and I'm actually pretty sad to not be able to find it.
Strawberry Oatmeal Flax Muffins
1 1/4 C Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Mix (use a little less for more moist muffins)
1 1/4 Old Fashioned Oats (NOT Quick Cook)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
6 TBSP Milled Flax Seed
1/2 C Unsweetened Applesauce
1/2 C Strawberry Puree (Remove stems from a few large berries and toss in a personal sized blender for an easy puree)
1/2 C Unsweetened Original Flavor Almond Milk
1/4 C Raw Agave Nectar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 C hulled and diced strawberries (measure after dicing)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a 12 cup muffin pan with non-stick spray or use muffin liners for easier clean up.
- Combine first 7 ingredients (dry) in a medium bowl.
- Whisk the next 6 (wet) ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until moistened.
- Fold in diced strawberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy!