Monday, May 13, 2013

Online Dating Diaries: Zoosk

In an effort to keep myself from texting the wrong guys when I get bored, I signed myself up for an online app called Zoosk. Great idea, right? It was recommended as one of the top 10 free dating apps.

First off, I'd like to say that it's not really free. Yes, you can sign up for free and rate photos based on a "yes, no, maybe" scale, but that is about it. After that, you have to pay for a monthly subscription fee (not cheap) to see most profiles and message/chat with anyone. Then, if you and another person both rate each other a "yes", you then have to buy coins to chat with those people.

Second, most of the guys are not cute. Maybe it's just that most of the guys out there aren't attractive, but it seems line this app has accumulated a higher percentage than usual. I may be shallow, but if I'm going to put effort into my health and appearance, I'd prefer a guy who did the same.

Thirdly, the profiles do not give a lot of information and the messaging/chat feature is weird, leading quite a few guys to want to exchange phone numbers and text really early on.

Conclusion: pretty much a bust.

No comments:

Post a Comment