Saturday, May 4, 2013

Spring Cleaning

My apartment is a mess! You'd think that after traveling for a month, everything would be untouched and in order, but no. For that to be true, I would have had to leave it in some sort of order, which I did not. My work schedule is always a whirlwind right before I travel, so I end up packing in a rush and everything gets pulled out.

This Saturday is devoted to getting things back in order, and I mean more than my apartment. Granted, it's the most obvious mess, but I'm also going back to the gym for the first time in almost two months to try to get my body ready for summer. I've been working on refreshing my wardrobe for spring, although I've been doing a lot more shopping than closet-purging, so there's a lot of build up right now. I haven't had time to cuddle with my darling bunny rabbit in so long either and I've missed her. She needs to get out for some exercise, but the apartment is too messy. Here I am, back full circle to the fact that my apartment is a mess.

I've had so little time to myself lately, between work and my ex-boyfriend, that I feel like there is a lot that had slipped through the cracks. I'm looking forward to having the time to maintain order around here, even if it does mean going through the weirdness of a breakup. I know I will be better off in the long run and that my stress levels will be way down in the future if I can balance my "me-time" with everything else in life a little better. If there's one thing that I learned from that relationship, it's that I need to stick up for my "me-time" and if a guy doesn't get that, he's not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment