Monday, July 15, 2013

It's Monday, Of Course

Almost two months ago, in the midst of a rash set of decisions I made following a breakup, I got my tragus pierced.  For those of you who don't know what that is, no it is not kinky. It's that little triangle in the front part of your ear.


Yes, that is my ear, right after getting the most painful piercing I've ever gotten. (And I've gotten a few) But it was worth it because I thought it was so cute and pretty unique. I dealt with it catching on my hair by telling myself that it would heal eventually if I kept cleaning it, which I did on a mostly-regular basis. It would go through stages of being ok, but mostly not. I got a keloid on the back. No, I will not explain a keloid. Google it or stop reading this post about piercings.

Well, this morning, being Monday, it was bothering me again. I was trying not to mess with it, but all of a sudden, the little screw on front part dropped off in to my lap and the bar disappeared into my ear. Disappeared. I could feel it in there, but no one could see it. I tried fishing it out with a paperclip, because no one came forward with tweezers. Do not ever try to retrieve something from your ear canal with a paperclip, ok?

I went down to the local tattoo place to see if they could get it out with some special tweezers or something, since part of the bar felt like it was still embedded in the piercing. Ouch. Although their sign stated that they would open at noon, no one was there. The girl at the deli informed me that they sometimes aren't there until around 2. I was freaking out, imagining the new scar tissue that was definitely forming around this tiny piece of metal.

One of my co-workers had tweezers when I got back to the office, so I decided that I was going to do it myself. Of course, once I managed to get the tweezers around it, I found that it was just resting in my ear, but it was a terrifying experience, nonetheless.

So, now I have one less piercing but I can fit my earbuds in both ears once again.

The End. Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment